Bioware just released the patch notes for their upcoming update for Mass Effect: Andromeda. This includes an ability to change your character’s appearance mid-game. They also improved character creation by unlocking all hair options for both genders and even a new bald look. They have also included Alec Ryder’s default appearance for those wishing to play the game as the original Pathfinder.
In a surprising move to appeal to player’s requests, Bioware also revealed that they will unlock Jaal as a romance option for Scott Ryder. What was once an exclusive romance option for Sara Ryder has now become available for both, revealing that the Angaran squadmate is actually bisexual in nature.
Here is the full list of changes for the upcoming patch. No date has been given for when it will be released though.
- Ryder’s appearance can now be changed onboard the Tempest
- Expanded the range of options available in the character creator
- Jaal can now be romanced by Scott Ryder
- Dialogue for Hainly Abrams was adjusted to change the flow of personal information she discusses with Ryder.
- Fixed issue with Nomad upgrades Shield Crafting quest
- Nexus level and cryo pod points are retroactively granted
- Vendors now carry weapon mods for Level 60-71 players
- Vendors now sell weapon augmentations for automatic fire, burst fire, and single-shot fire
- Improved clarity of descriptions for augmentations
- Plasma Charge system now works properly for shotguns
- Beam Emitter augmentation now causes guns to fire a constant beam with scaling damage based on the weapon’s damage per second
- [PC] Added experimental support for Dolby Vision™ technology
- Stealth Grid challenge now increments properly
- Fiend no longer sprints when within 10 meters of target, and will decelerate to base speed
- Enabled movement correction during Fiend attacks to reduce incidence of players seeing Fiends attacking in the wrong direction
- Improved movement prediction for some enemies in tight spaces to reduce appearance of teleportation
- Fixed issue that prevented melee attacks if the revive icon was near center screen
- Fixed issue where ammo pick-up audio incorrectly played
- Fixed issue where Backlash could malfunction while moving
- Using Stealth and Recon Visor together no longer increases duration of invisibility for Turian Agent
- Fixed issue where weight reduction modifications wouldn’t reduce weight
- The Revive Pack Transmitter now displays the revive radius in the loadout screen
- Equipping the Cobra RPG now interrupts reloading
- Player turns to Adhi when getting synced to avoid teleportation issue
- Fixed issue where enemies would occasionally enter T-pose when hit
- Improved visual and audio cues for player ready status in Multiplayer lobbies
- Added “Lights” option to customization options
Mass Effect: Andromeda is already out for PS4. If you haven’t read our review for the game, you can find it here.