Another year shines on the world of Eos and o does a new free update for Final Fantasy XV. Square Enix has announced that on January 21, the update goes live and you’ll now have Aranea as a training partner, the conclusion to the Assassin’s Festival, and a bunch of other stuff.
Here’s a list of what to expect from the update:
- Conclusion of the Assassin’s Festival.
- Inclusion of a new training partner (Aranea Highwind) at camp.
- Implementation of a standby option at camp.
- Addition of new items at Alessio’s trading post in Altissia.
- Introduction of new drills to the tutorial.
- Various bug fixes.
Also for other FFXV news, the previously announced Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition was announced and it will include all of the downloadable content released for the base game into one package for fans along with an expanded map and some other new features.
Here’s all of what you can expect from the Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition:
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players will also take on the Rulers of Yore.
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fishes and dishes.
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed.
- A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective.
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
- All season pass content including EPISODE GLADIOLUS, EPISODE PROMPTO, MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES** and EPISODE IGNIS
- Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the FINAL FANTASY XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world.
- Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D
- New Trophies
- The FINAL FANTASY XV base game
While Final Fantasy XV is already available, the Royal Edition will be launching on March 6, 2018.